Friday 16 July 2010

What should be in the HTC Desire Android 2.2 (Froyo) and future upgrades

I have had my HTC desire for about 2 months now. I am really happy with it so far but there are a few niggles that I hope HTC will resolve in the 2.2 or future upgrades.

Video playback
• Pressing the lock screen during video playback should lock the screen with the video playing so that it does not accept touch input.
• Include DivX and XVid support as I am so sick of converting all my movies to MP4s. The Samsung Galaxy S comes standard with this functionality.

Camera
• Include 720p video recording so that I can show off to my mates, and it would bring it in par with the Iphone4.
• Increase the shutter speed, I find it difficult taking snaps of my 4 year old.

Alarm Clock
• Active the alarm even when the phone is turned off. Symbian has had this functionality since year dot.
• Play the alarm sound through the speaker even if the ear phones are plugged in.
• Have a separate setting for the alarm sound level, so if the phone is left on silent the alarm still rings.

Shortcuts to apps & Settings
• Include the ability to add shortcuts using find.

FM Radio
• Re-develop the FM Radio so that it actually works.

Scenes
• Include a settings on the scenes so that they can be activated at a certain time, or by the phones location – so when I am at work I could automatically have my “work scene” and when I am in the car driving home, I could have my “In the car scene” etc….

Sense UI
• As good as the sense UI may be, Give us the option to turn it off and only have the stock Android running – this would future proof the Desire for when Android 3.0 (Gingerbread) is released.

Start-up
• Decrease the time it takes to start the phone up.
• Get rid of the annoying start up tone or it least turn the volume down- It’s kind of ironic having the really loud tone then the HTC, quietly brilliant written on the screen.


To all you Desire users; please add to the list in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment