Tuesday 9 October 2012

iPhone5 purple haze.

There have been a number of complaints logged on the Apple website by disgruntled users. The issue (which I have managed to re-create) is when a photo is taken next to a bright light illuminating on a corner of the lens a purple ghostly haze appears on the photo where the glare of the light is shining through the lens. (On my phone the purple haze is at it’s worst when the light source is on the top right of the phone when holding the phone in landscape) I find it hilarious, just as with the antennagate issue, Apple have said that if you hold your phone correctly and/or cup the lens with you hand then the glare is not as bad. They also added that this issue is not unique to the iPhone5 but to all other phones (I am assuming they mean iPhones). I have tested my iPhone4 taking a photo at the exact same angle to the sun and there was no purple haze... I repeated this with my SGS 2 and like the iPhone4 there was no purple haze. My personal view is that this haze is caused by the crystal structure of the sapphire lens cover that Apple chose to use on the iPhone5. Let me know what you think below.

No comments:

Post a Comment